The Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation (The Charitable Foundation for Cultural Initiatives) announces an open charitable competition for the financing of socio-cultural projects in libraries. The primary concern of this competition are projects aimed at supporting education, education programs, and specific study courses.
THE AIMS OF THE COMPETITION:
· to encourage the development of project activities in libraries whose work supports education in both formal and informal ways – to broaden the spectrum of high-quality opportunities in the sphere of educational services
· to identify and attract resources for libraries in the region of the preparation and running of joint (partner) programs – aimed at raising the level of education in the region and the quality of life of its inhabitants
· to improve the social status and perception of libraries. To promote the best examples of well-handled positioning of libraries as a vital component in the advancement of knowledge-based modern society
PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO PROJECTS CHARACTERISED BY THE FOLLOWING ASPECTS:
· the ability of the libraries to make good, informed choices of partners for their projects, and understand their abilities and needs
· the ability to identify not merely general, but tightly-specific educational niches for their project work
· a clear understanding of their functional catchment group – projects cannot be simply addressed as 'open to all'
· the ability to link the project with current educational needs – if it is directed towards support for formal education. Confirmation of the potential need from the specific sphere of education is strongly desirable
· a clear understanding of how the project might positively promote a qualitative improvement in the level of ability of the targetted groups – if the project is directed at non-formal education
· an understanding of the existence of supply and demand, along with a listing of the existing competitors and competitive advantages in the sphere of education
· the possibility of replicating or reproducing the project as a template model for other projects
· ongoing financial viability for the project, without the need for continuous bailout funding
The partner networks which gain support will be those which, as a result,
· can expand the range of education services they offer
· offer users access to remote and distributed resources
· display an efficient use of shared resources, avoid duplication, and make effective use of partner resources.
· the relevance of the project
· the deployment of innovative approaches
· the accessibility and relevance of the project's results
· the social significance and effectiveness for the target audience of the project
· correct budgeting of the necessary funds for the project, and proper administrative and financial management of the project